Nuventra Pharma Sciences seeks a Business Development Specialist for a high-profile, high-impact position to identify and secure new business.
Armed with support from our marketing and scientific teams, you will research, connect with and engage stakeholders (C-suite, VP and Director level) involved in R&D and outsourcing decisions at small, medium and large size pharmaceutical and biotech companies throughout the country and globally.
Applicants should be professional, self-starters who are creative and eager to get the right people to the table and close the deal. Using direct and professional communication, they will ask probing questions seeking to identify the right solutions Nuventra can offer to meet their needs – leading to a signed proposal.
- Identify, engage and develop new client relationships
- Leverage Nuventra’s management and senior scientists to maximize interactions with prospective clients leading to signed proposals
- Propose and design customized approaches for each interaction to quickly assess their needs and provide solutions
- Read and react to prospect’s feedback and determine appropriate messages to achieve maximum effect on each interaction
- Represent Nuventra at local and national industry events
- Maintain client database with status of past, present, and future opportunities and communicate sales activity through timely submission of reports
- Manage time to implement most effective sales strategy with limited supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 0-2 years of experience in B2B business development / account development, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to learn Nuventra’s business in drug development sciences and the technical skills to effectively communicate with scientific contacts and prospective clients
- Experience with Microsoft Office, a CRM system, social media for sales (i.e., LinkedIn) preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills