Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Nuventra, we recognize that it is our responsibility, both individually and as a company, to end systemic racism. We are horrified by recent events including the deaths of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor and many other Black Americans. Hate is unacceptable in our workplace and should be unacceptable throughout the world. To our BIPOC community: we see you, we hear you and we are working toward an equitable future.
Diversity is a key to success. Our mission is to foster an inclusive work environment that generates innovation in the field of drug development across a range of medical needs, in all communities. Our key goals:
- To provide and foster an environment where people of all ages, genders, races, ethnicities, religions, disabilities or sexual orientations not only feel comfortable, but thrive in their talents
- Give voice to those who are typically underrepresented by providing brave spaces where thoughts, ideas, and feelings can be discussed with the team
- Create a leadership team that reflects not what the industry looks like now, but how we’d like it to be in the future
- Do the internal work so that we can provide the opportunity to our clients to grow in their spaces with regards to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Never stop learning in this area and continue to challenge ourselves as this requires ongoing commitment
By the Numbers:
We celebrate the fact that over 50% of our employees are women, and of those women, over 70% are part of our scientific team. However, we acknowledge the lack of diversity on our leadership team and know we can do better. We have included specific goals in conjunction with talent acquisition to increase these numbers by 2025. We know it’s more than just the numbers. We want to make strides in culture, community, and representation, and we will begin to pay attention to disaggregated data in order to interrogate the root causes of under-representation.
By 2025, Nuventra’s goal is to:
- Increase our overall representation of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) from 15.8% to 25%
- Increase representation of Latino, Hispanic or of Spanish Origin from 6.6% to 15%
- Increase representation of women on our executive leadership team from 25% to 33%
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Engagement:
- Partnered with a DE&I Consultant to conduct baseline assessments with the goal of developing ongoing training to further our internal growth in DE&I
- Donated 54 laptops to Triangle Ecycling
- Booth Exhibitor at the Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics & Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) Conference
- Distributed monthly D&I Newsletter internally that allows us to celebrate and learn about the happenings and experiences of multiple identities
- Hosted “Candid Conversations” – Internal company meeting created to make (optional) space to amplify and uplift employees’ experiences and stories with diverse identities
- Expanded our recruiting relationships to focus on local Historically Black Colleges/Universities (HBCUs) to widen our access to critical talent in an industry that is in need of diverse expertise, experiences, and ideas in order to thrive in the future
- Partnered with UNC to create a PKPD Innovation Fellowship that helps underrepresented candidates exposed to industry and allow us to contribute to increasing the diversity of the field
Interested in learning more about current job openings at Nuventra?